Guess what I’m up to this weekend?
Okay, I’ll let you off the hook, you don’t have to guess. I’m hosting a restaurant! Last year I wrote about the first time I attended Ravintola Päivä (Restaurant Day) and I closed the post by expressing a vague desire to maybe have my own restaurant for a day.
Fast forward 12 months and here we are… on the verge of being restauranteurs for a day.
Here are some of the more important details:
- The name of the restaurant is The Dog on the Tuckerbox.
- This name is borrowed from a famous Australian landmark situated on the Hume Highway, just north of Gundagai in NSW.
- The theme is Australian and dog friendly.
- The menu includes some yummy treats for our four-legged friends and some Australian classics for the two-legged types.
- I’ll be flying the Aussie flag and playing Aussie music – a little old, a little new, something for everyone.
- You can find me in the Rajasaari dog-park 🙂
- Here is the official invite on Facebook!
- Here is the link to the official Restaurant Day page.
- Mr. 13 is unhappily helping out for the day.
- Perry will be with us of course, and will have the best four hours of dog fun he has ever had!
Is there anything I’ve forgotten? Probably. I already have a long list that I keep tweaking. I’m sure I’ll miss something. Anyway, it’s a learning experience.
Possibly I’ll blog from the restaurant if things are not so busy. More likely, I’ll wait until I get home. Either way there will be a follow-up!
PS. Is that not the best looking dog you’ve ever seen (excluding your own of course!)?